Are you someone who is looking for ways to start a real estate business? If yes, then you’re at the right place.
But do you know how much a real estate website design costs?
Requesting a proposal that fits your needs is challenging as no matter which design agency you choose, as per them they’re offering the best web design services, with minimal costing, and justified resource allocation.
Houston is a thriving city with a strong real estate market. Many businesses worldwide are in need of a professional Houston web design company that can help them with their design needs, like a seamless, easy-to-navigate, visually appealing, and customer centric website.
So, which is your best real estate web design company? Also, are they offering the most justified pricing package?
The pricing for real estate web design and development can vary from company to company; some charge for years of experience, whereas some charge based on their brand's overall image.
Perhaps, it’s a daunting situation for you to decide which is the best fit for you i.e. budget friendly and gives you the quality you’ve been looking for.
This blog will give you a complete breakdown of real estate website design costs, and you can identify “the ideal design agency.”
Whether you are creating a real estate website from scratch or revamping it completely, the question will remain the same.
A Few Facts About Real Estate Industry
According to the analysis done by the National Association of Realtors, more than 5.65 million homes were sold in 2020.
This indicates that people are in high demand to purchase houses, and if you invest in real estate website design and development, you will get a high ROI.
Moreover, according to Realty Biz News, by the end of 2025, Millennials are expected to purchase more than 20 million new households.
Here you can understand the need for real estate & why investing in the website design cost is a beneficial step for you.
Here are a few points which will help you better understand the need for a website for the real estate industry.
- A well-designed and developed website will help you build a strong web appearance in front of your audience.
- You can get exposure to your properties.
- You can generate more leads.
- You can attract prospects who can be your next potential customers.
- If you have an online real estate store, it operates during some working hours, whereas when you’re running a website, you have a time limit. Your audience can connect with you anytime, anywhere.
- Your target audience will get to know more about you.
- You can connect with them directly through live chats, emails, or calls - no more slacking.
We hope you’ve understood the importance of a well-designed and developed website.
So, let's start with the six magical steps that will ultimately break down real estate website design costs.
The 6 Steps You Should Know About Real Estate Website Design & Development
Here are the key factors you should consider before investing in any real estate web design service.
01. Have a clear perception of your needs.
The first and most crucial step is determining your priorities and why you should invest in real estate website design.
By analyzing your priorities, you can easily decide if you are doing the right thing or if restructuring is required.
Also, try to understand whether you have to hire an in-house team of website designers or you can ask them to work remotely for you.
Discuss Your Web Projects Now!
Hence, hiring a team of professional designers is a significant investment, but you'll see the results afterwards.
What should be your critical priorities while building a real estate website design?
Here you go;
- You should know your goals for designing a real estate website.
- What is the vision behind creating your real estate website design?
- Will you require a blog page as well? If yes, you have to invest in hiring digital content marketers.
- You should know what you’re trying to accomplish with your website.
- What type of content will impact your audience? Do you need a digital content strategy for your real estate website targeting?
- Will international SEO services assist you in getting traffic to your website?
- How many resources will you need to get your real estate website design created?
Hence, these are some of the questions that you should prioritize before joining hands with any web design agency.
02. Real estate domain name
The second step in the real estate website creation process is to learn the aspects of getting a domain name. Without the proper knowledge, it’s baseless if anyone tries to develop anything.
It’s essential to check the target niche and the competitors to know how they reach out to the customers.
Moreover, it could be a better practice if you're running a real estate business; you will use something related to it in your domain name.
So, before choosing a name for your business, go through the specific rules & regulations that are essential to viewing to meet the industry's compliance.
03. Understanding the Website Requirements
The next step you have to do is understand your website requirements. Hence, please think twice before aligning yourself with any objective because once you have given the requirements to the designer, you can't undo them.
You can not even imagine how much value a well-designed website can bring you. Hence, analyze your requirements thoroughly and then focus on the key points that will give you your ideal design.
For instance, a real estate website design should be more functional and creative rather than complex, giving a hard time to users.
You might have to bear the heavy cost of hiring a website designer, but the results will blow your mind.
Discuss Your Web Projects Now!
Want to go through the critical requirements of getting a website designed and developed? Here you go.
- It should be easy to use
- It should be easy to navigate
- It should be creative and cover up all the necessary
- The proper placement of CTA and contact form integration to analyze the users' activity.
- A CRO-centric approach should be there, which will play a vital role in capturing the audience's attention.
04. Integrating SEO practices
If you have never seen the magic of SEO, then you still have a lot to learn and unfold. If you induce volumetric keywords to your website content and make the blogs or pages ranked on the search engines, the results will amaze you.
An instant boost will be given to your content, and your brand awareness will skyrocket to success.
Although, if you research the real estate industry, you will see giants like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor making it to the top. But, still never lose hope, as there was a time when they started from scratch.
You have to hire a professional SEO expert and ask them to find the most powerful keywords for your pages.
Hire Our SEO Experts!
A solid social media content pillar strategy will boost your SEO plans, and you will see the results in less than five months.
For your ease, we’ve listed some of the core SEO practices you should consider while creating your real estate website design; - You ask your SEO expert to do a detailed SEO audit.
- Publish unique and crisp content on the website to maintain regularity.
- Use captivating visuals like blog images, videos, and other creative assets to draw the users' attention.
- A structured schema markup to assist Google in understanding your niche, targeting, and content updates.
- Optimize your content for featured snippets.
- Add your website to Google My Business by posting weekly updates, reviews, and more.
05. Giving Equal Importance To Designs
Usually, a real estate website design doesn’t have much information but more images because they have to show their work to the clients.
So, to maintain a good user experience, a designer should have hands-on experience with design trends and the unique principle of designs that they can use in their daily designs.
The more user-friendly your website will behave, the more users tend to spend time on your website. The goal is to attract prospects and make them stick to your website.
Discuss Your Web Projects Now!
Now users don’t want an exemplary user interface but a captivating layout. So, here comes the importance of both UX/UX in web design.
If you want to know more about designs, here’s a holistic overview.
- As you’re building a real estate website, maps should be placed to show viewers where your property is located.
- Add the face name of the firms, so while posting on your website, the users get an idea that they’ve seen and heard before - maintains customer trust and loyalty.
- A color scheme that works best with your website niche.
- Design should be more customer-centric because your users will be your real assets and if you don’t focus on them, you will face the consequences.
- Hire a website designer who is an expert in delivering real estate, construction, and other relative field web designs and enjoy a seamless user experience.
- A personalized gateway for users to easily place their information and make them enjoy a seamless shopping experience.
06. Real Estate Budgeting
Lastly, we’re going to discuss budgeting which can be based on hardware and software.
Whenever you join any design agency, they give you a complete breakdown of costs without mentioning where your price is divided.
But, for your ease, we will cover it in this blog. The most crucial part to consider while creating any real estate website design is to list the elements.
The more effective and detailed your plan is, the more quickly you will invest in the website.
Always hire a professional agency with a good knowledge of the real estate industry and knows how to create a website.
Here is a detailed cost breakdown of creating a real estate website;
- Cost of CMS integration
The cost for getting a CMS run for your website like WordPress or Wix, where you can build the website from scratch & see the outcome yourself.
WordPress is one of the best content management systems available online, with a lot of perks and tools. It will give you the privilege of making edits in the content of the website, and getting new pages designed and developed.
Moreover, the CMS integration will give you access to the activities like editing, adding, or modifying content without even taking the help of a designer or developer.
It comes with both paid and free versions so you have to make the decision wisely. Even if you get stuck somewhere, various options are available to solve the issues for you and give a solution to the technical problem.
- Hosting cost
Secondly, the hosting cost, as you’re making a real estate website and have purchased a domain name as well, the next step is to purchase the hosting on which your website will go live.
- Website Maintenance cost
Lastly, the website maintenance cost is way too important because you can’t think like it’s a one-time investment. For hosting, domain, and other security fixtures, you definitely require maintenance and someone who will look after all of this.
Security updates & patches, CMS updates, plugin updates, and other data backup lies in the maintenance department, and everything comes with a cost.
So, What Should Be The Cost For Building A Real Estate Website?
Well, the average cost for designing a real estate website will somewhere lie between $199 to $399, which isn’t huge. Moreover, if the requirements are more detailed like plugin add-ons, complex, and require a lot of effort then, the pricing will increase.
Moreover, a real estate website will give you the privilege of having traffic, and converting them. You can go through your potential competitors, and see what they’re doing and how you can differentiate yourself from them.
Add testimonials of satisfied customers, work on referral programs, and talk more about stats, not philosophies. People will trust you after seeing your stats, not just images without any background information.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of building a real estate website can vary widely depending on the complexity of the website, the features you want to include, and whether you hire a professional web developer or use a website builder. However, you can expect to pay $199 to $399 to build a real estate website.
Yes, there are usually ongoing fees associated with maintaining a real estate website. These can include costs for website hosting, domain name registration, security updates, and regular content updates. Some website builders may also charge monthly or annual fees for access to premium features or support services. It's important to factor in these ongoing costs when planning your real estate website budget.
It depends on the website builder. Some website builders offer a range of custom features and design options as part of their premium packages, while others may charge extra for these services. Some builders may also have limitations on the level of customization they offer. It's important to research different website builders and their pricing structures to determine which one best fits your needs and budget.