A Comprehensive Guide To Mobile App Development
The invention of smartphones has revolutionized the world. These days, smartphones are within reach of every individual. People find convenience and ease using a mobile application since everything has now been confined to the finger-tips. According to Google Analytics, the number of mobile phone users has experienced a boom in recent years.
If we take a look at the major application stores like Playstore or AppStore, we find a rich profusion of applications serving different purposes. One can be a couch-potato and order a meal, book a ride, read a book, and whatnot with just a single touch on the phone. These are services that charge payments from clients. App developers are always on call to develop such applications that can fulfill customer’s needs and bring financial rewards to the service provider.
Mobile application development is on its way to the top as compared to other fields of software development.
Mobile application development has allowed businesses and enterprises to strengthen their communication and engagement with customers in the best possible manner and increase their accessibility by providing unique services and payment methods. Such a strategy proves to be beneficial for both the customer and the businesses and it helps them to achieve their goals of generating profitable revenues with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Mobile app developers are always in demand to design and develop applications that are fruitful, feasible, and lucrative.
So how exactly can you develop an app?
Here’s us guiding you through the full process of app development, covering all the important aspects that you need to know about.
TYPES OF MOBILE APPLICATIONS:
Before proceeding further to the world of mobile app development, it is better to understand the basic types of apps that mobile app development companies work on. Basically, mobile apps are of three types. They are:
- Native mobile applications: Native mobile apps are usually single-purpose since they are native to one platform. They are fast and provide a better user experience than others. Such apps are related to a specific device like a smartphone or a tablet and hence provide good speed and maintain aspect ratios.
- Hybrid mobile applications: These are apps that require the internet and web browsers to run and require one to have coding knowledge since these apps are developed on HTML5. Such apps are easily available to users without having to go through the trouble of downloading and installing.
- Web applications: They are non-downloadable applications. These are webpages that fit different screen sizes, giving an impressive outlook to the reader.
HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR MOBILE APPLICATION?
After discussing the types of apps we can develop, let’s jump to the step by step guide to develop one.
There are two preliminary approaches to design a smartphone application. You can either choose an app builder software, or you can code the app the way you want.
APP BUILDER SOFTWARES
If you are a beginner with low or no programming experience at all, app builder software can give you a helping hand. This software provides the facility to customize, edit, and design your app according to your liking. The only disadvantage is that they confine the user to select what they have already provided. Also, you have to throw a lot of cash to acquire these services and buy premium packages if you need advanced features. Some software is inexpensive too, but you get what you pay for. Goodbarber, Siberian CMS, Shoutem, and many others are examples of such app-builders.
The most widely used open-source platform called WordPress is a programming interface for content management developed in PHP and paired with a MySQL database. There is a plugin feature that allows you to develop your app in different plugins and design it your way. There are plenty of plugins available online, some of which are AppPresser, WPMobile.App, Androapp, Mobiloud, etc.
Adroapp is only for Android app development and is quite inexpensive and affordable. AppPresser is used to convert webpages to suit for the mobile environment. Mobiloud provides a lot more features than any other plugin in the list since it includes WooCommerce support. Therefore, it is always a trade-off between money and quality of service. There is a whole world in these plugins where you can select the material of your choice.
C++ is a language that is used for native app development. It is best suited for developing a GUI. Mostly, it is used to create operating systems and gaming environments. Mozilla Firefox and google applications were developed on C++.
Objective-C is used to develop mobile applications for iOS. It has a competition with the Swift programming language.
STRATEGY TO FOLLOW
It doesn’t matter if you go for coding an app from scratch or using an app builder software, there is a strategy that you need to follow to forge ahead towards success. Following this strategy will help you deliver the final app with all its desired features and functionalities.
The strategy is simple and based on five basic steps.
- Skill learning: You need to learn the required programming language if you want to code an app. You can also buy the services of a mobile application development company but you’ll need to spend money on that. If you choose to use an app builder software, then you can skip this part.
- Mobile app development: After you know how to make an app, it is time to develop one. Mobile application development is not an easy task. You need to learn the tactics to give your app an elegant look along with all the necessary features, whether you develop it on an app building software or you do the coding yourself. Excessive and immoderate features can result in a loss. So, be moderate and learn skills to make an app that is a cut above the rest.
- Advertising and marketing: Having completed the app development, you need to focus on its advertising and marketing. Use social media platforms and YouTube shoutouts for advertisements. An outstanding mobile application does not need marketing and advertisements. Make sure what you develop is new and serves an important need in order for it to make a name in the industry.
- Deployment: It is the prime concern of an app developer to ponder which store would prove to be the perfect one for the application. Before deployment, it is better to think about the type of application and its number of users before opting for the desired operating system.
- Researching and surveying: You cannot sit and count the cash after deploying your app on the store shelf. Do the research and work on updates and up-gradation. This will surely increase your number of downloads.
Any wrong decision can prove to be troublesome since it follows the all or null law. You can either shoot to the top, or you can fall down the list with no one downloading your mobile application.
There are several mobile app development services in USA. These app developers, with their strategies and planning, are there to ease the workload. You can consult them to give you a helping hand if you think you are naive to work with mobile app development.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Mobile app development is a maneuver of planning and strategy formulation. It is different from conventional software development for other more conventional operating systems.
Understanding the fundamental principles of mobile app development is a task that requires a sheer focus and a clear vision. When developing an application, you should know beforehand about all the aspects that you look forward to introducing in your app and devise such techniques that attract and gravitate more and more users towards your application since a happy and satisfied customer is bound to come back and leave a good review.
Following the strategy that we have formulated, will surely improve your efforts.
Let's start your project today
And set you up for success